Galvalox Cold Galvanizing Compound
Galvalox is a Cold Galvanizing Compound that can be used as an alternative to hot-dip galvanizing and is formulated to perform in very corrosive environments. Galvalox is ideal for repair and maintenance of damaged hot-dip galvanized metal. It will perform equal to hot-dip galvanizing when applied correctly. May be applied by brush, roller or spray. Available in aerosol form. Galvalox meets or exceeds ASTM A780-00 Specification, is AIM VOC Compliant and meets performance requirements of MPI # 18, TT-P-641G and SSPC Paint no. 20 Type II.
Galvalox Key Points
- Alternative to Hot-Dip Galvanizing
- Contains 97% Metallic Zinc Dust
- Dry Film Contains Over 90% Zinc
- Sacrificial Protection of the Metal
- Easy Solution to Repair Galvanized Metal
- The High Zinc Load Provides Galvanic Protection to the Steel Substrate
- Zinc Particles Overlap Each Other to Provide Maximum Protection
- AIM VOC Compliant
Places to use Galvalox
How Galvalox Works
When zinc and steel make contact in the presence of an electrolyte and moisture, a current will flow from the steel to the zinc creating an electron-producing area where the zinc exists. The steel is cathodic and electron consuming, which creates maximum protection for the steel substrate.
Zinc is the most effective and economical metal known for use in coatings to form a sacrificial protective film.
Click here to Request More Information Online
or call us today at 1.888.471.3400